Having raised our family here Anne and I understand the challenges parents face.
The traditional fabric of family and community life is under siege as never before. The pace of change in 21st century Cornwall can leave the vulnerable behind.
As your MP I continue to provide community leadership and support the structures that bind us together.
I have been involved in local church and charity work for most of my life including 12 years pastoring a local church.
The Cornish motto 'One and All' is reflected in the strong communities throughout this constituency.
I will continue this work to support communities and charities; to ensure the most vulnerable receive the support they need.
In my team as Member of Parliament for St Austell and Newquay, I have:
- Secured more than £600million investment in our Cornish NHS
- Gained additional funding for all local schools and funding for three new primary schools
- Supported the deliver of the Coastal Community Fund - nearly £2m to help deliver sustainable growth and jobs – a third of the national award
- Supported the community campaign to save Mevagissey Surgery
- Saved radiotherapy services in Cornwall
- Protected renal transport services in Cornwall
- Successfully lobbied the Government for millions of LIBOR and public purse funds for Cornwall Air Ambulance
- Lobbied for nearly £3m in additional funding to Cornwall Council from the Government to help with adult social care over the winter.
- Lobbied successfully for £450,000 Government funding homelessness reduction fund to Cornwall Council
However there is much more to do, I want to finish the job and see these and many other projects come to completion.